Tuesday, July 15, 2014

NAN Custom Performance

I didn't pay much attention to NAN while it was happening, but now that I'm home and rested again, I'm really enjoying all the NAN pictures. 
And thanks to people like Sara Kucharski, there are a lot of NAN pictures!
Today's batch comes from my favorite division: Custom Performance.
Not surprisingly, I recognize a lot of the players.  For example, this ambitious Stockwork set-up is the work of Laura Skillern, whose Moo-ya resin is featured prominently.
This is Sheila Bishop's lovely Chevelle with one of Sandy Sandersen's Brokeback Cowboys. 
I also recognize tack.  That's my tooled English saddle on Niki Hertzog's Rose Reiner... 
and the black and pink pony set on Purdy Mystique. 
I didn't make any of the tack on Teresa Buzzell's National Champion Speed Games entry, but that is my eventing doll!
And who wouldn't recognize Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow?
Of course, there are a lot of beautiful entries that are completely new to me.  I love this Lipizzan set-up...
and this just might be the best posed jumping doll I've ever seen!
What a pleasure it is to see so many wonderfully detailed and ambitious performance entries!
Congratulations to everyone who won awards in this tough division.  Your hard work paid off.  Please take a bow!
Thanks also to Sara for taking so many great photos and allowing me to share them here.

11 comments:

  1. Some fantastic entries there and no mistake!
    (is that a Stargate Atlantis themed jump with the Rose Reiner?! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing Niki, I'd say almost certainly yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that Stargate Atlantis themed jump! I was lucky enough to spend a day on the set in BC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! One of my set-ups made it onto Jennifer's blog! That's my racehorse and outrider. :)
    Jackie Moore

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, your eventing doll was a star and a pleasure to work with. You need to pay her more :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I made that circus set! Cool! Lindy Pinkham

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm knocked out by these fabulous entries! My favorite is the magnificently-posed grey jumper. You're right, that rider is practically perfect. Tiffany also did a bang-up job with Purdy Mystique and his/her rider as well. But all of these are just incredible and I can see why were at NAN competing!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That English trail entry is so well done! It looks very realistic. :)

    -Kelsey Roe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also, Purdy Mystique is adorable! Is she a CM Newsworthy by any chance?

    -Kelsey Roe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's a Flash with a Weather Girl head. Tiffany is such a creative customizer!

      Delete
  10. Wow doesn't even describe it!
    ~AHG488

    ReplyDelete