Friday, July 18, 2014

On the road

It's a long, hot drive from Conway, Arkansas to Amarillo, Texas.  Carol and I spent most of Thursday driving through Oklahoma...
which was beautiful... 
but stormy.
The sun came out as we neared the Texas state line.
Woo hoo!  Texas!
We drove and drove and drove...
hoping to reach our destination before five o'clock.
At last--our exit! 
And there it was: the American Quarter Horse Association... 
and the American Quarter Horse Horse Hall of Fame and Museum. 
We had achieved Quarter Horse nirvana with fifteen minutes to spare!

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to go there! Must tell me more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, there will be more!

      And you definitely want to go there. I'm already making plans to go back!

      :)

      Delete
  2. Every time my family goes on a road trip we make at least one horsey stop!
    ~AHG488

    ReplyDelete