Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum, part one

After a long day on the road, Carol and I reached the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame and Museum in Amarillo, Texas just fifteen minutes before closing time.
We were ushered into the building by our host for this leg of the trip, Andrea Caudill of Matt the Cowpony fame. 
The lobby was filled with a larger than life size sculpture of--what else?--an American Quarter Horse. 
From there, we proceeded to the Grand Hall.
This impressive room pays tribute to the horses...
and people inducted into the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame.

The clock was ticking, so we made a quick tour of the rest of the museum.

The cases were filled artifacts, 
photos,  
and... 
so... 
much... 
tack! 
Oh!  I could have happily spent an entire day in there! 
It was positively painful leaving after just fifteen minutes!  I'm definitely going to have to schedule a return visit.
Although my time inside the Museum was much too brief, there was still a lot to explore on the outside of the building.  The next road trip post will showcase the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame and Museum's Wall of Honor Plaza and bronze statuary.

4 comments:

  1. Do you know anything about the Black Stallion book? I have one... is it rare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! I'd love to go there sometime. :)

    -Kelsey Roe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I should have stowed away in a suitcase when you left Arkansas.. ;) Sorry you only had a short time to tour the inside though.

    ReplyDelete