Saturday, July 26, 2014

Desperately seeking Cinnamon

My teenage years were filled with horses, the most important of which were Cinnamon...
and Snickers. 
For more than thirty years, I've wanted portrait models of these two.  I always thought Snickers would be the bigger challenge because of her complicated color and less standard body type.
Recently, however, Tiffany agreed to customize a Breyer Gizelle in her likeness.  I am so excited about this model.  I just know it will be perfect.
So, that leaves Cinnamon. 
Unlike Snickers, Cinnamon had a lot of pony type.  
I've been looking for an affordable (i.e. tradeable) Eberl Welsh pony for years, and today, she finally arrived. 
She is soooo cute and would make a fine Cinnamon... 
but I think the Eberl Anya that came with her, might be even better! 
What do you think?
This is Cinnamon... 
and this is Anya.  They're pretty similar!
Because Tiffany is the best friend ever, she's offered to paint one of these models to look like Cinnamon.  I just need to decide which!

24 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd stick with the Welsh personally, I think Anya's legs are a little too chunky for Cinnamon but at the end of the day, you knew the real deal so whichever feels right in your gut, go for it - you're going to end up with a fantastic likeness regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Anya due to the head type. I have openings now and you have seen my work with that type of pattern. Kim Bleecker

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Anya works better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the Welsh would look best :) The thick bushy mane looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the Welsh ' s body type matches better. Enya could work as well, if her legs & maybe head profile were refined. You knew her best, though, so you'd be the best judge on who reminds you most, of her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the Welsh pony looks more like her body type.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a split vote! I'm going to weigh in on the Welsh's side.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, Jen the picture above the lovely Breyer Giselle, with Snickers and the other pony in a paddock playing- look at the whitish pony and back at the Giselle picture. They have the same pose going! Ha, just thought I'd point it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would say that minus the feathers Anya looks exactly like her!
    PERFECT match in my mind! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you go with the Anya, make sure to remove the visible ribs on her near side!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I vote for the welsh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like Anya :)

    -Kelsey Roe

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think Anya wins by a nose :)
    They're both gorgeous models though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same exact way!!! ~megan mankevich

      Delete
  15. I think the welsh would look better as Cinnamon.
    Glad you like them both! Can't wait to see my girl in her new tack. :-)
    Susan P.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I vote Anya
    ~AHG488

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is a very tough decision, but to me I think anya, because cinnamon's legs are much longer than the models' legs should be, but anya appears to have the longer legs than the welsh ~megan mankevich

    ReplyDelete
  18. I vote Anya if the legs are thinned out, otherwise I think the Welsh would fit her body type a little better. But go with whichever one speaks to you as Cinnamon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The ribs will be gone and of course the mane changed to be tack friendly! Jose is hanging out with snickers rught now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a tough choice! I vote for Anja but either one would work well.
    Jackie Moore

    ReplyDelete