Friday, July 18, 2014

Breyerfest diorama contest

One of the best BreyerFest traditions is the annual Model Horse Diorama Contest.
photo by Amanda Brock
This year, contestants were asked to re-create their favorite BreyerFest moment from the last twenty five years.
photo by Amanda Brock
Some entries focused on real horse activities... 
Photo by Amanda Brock
and guest horses... 
Photo by Amanda Brock
and almost looked like regular live show entries. 
Photo by Kira
Other dioramas depicted beloved BreyerFest institutions, such as the big blow-up jumping horse,  
Photo by Amanda Brock
the confusing Clarion Holiday Inn North (CHIN) host hotel,  
Photo by Jill O'Connor
and the Breyer store, which is affectionately known as the Ninja Pit of Death (NPOD). 
Photo by Jill O'Connor
Still other entries represented BreyerFest's educational seminars.  
Photo by Jill O'Connor
This wonderful artist at work set-up was created by Billie Campbell.
Photo by Kira, diorama by Billie Campbell
 Love those little armatures! 
Photo and diorama by Billie Campbell
There was even one diorama depicting the diorama contest!
Photo by Kira
Of course, no activity is as quintessentially BreyerFest as shopping for Breyers...
Photo by Kira
so at least a couple dioramas portrayed that. 
Photo by Kira
These are so cute.  Is is weird that I'd rather have a wall of mini Breyers than a wall of traditional scale Breyers? 
Photo by Kira
Everyone of these dioramas is absolutely spectacular!  Congratulations to all the winners, and special thanks to Amanda Brock, Jill O'Connor, Billie Campbell and Kira for allowing me to share their wonderful photos.

13 comments:

  1. Oh!!! I love them all! The little sculpting setup and stacks and stacks of tiny Breyers and...! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for finally clearing up just what part of the Breyer store the ninja fuss was about...! All of it, duh. Great dioramas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine making horses as small as some of the ones in the dioramas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see mine! My poor dolls started to fall over and I was told I couldn't fix it and it wouldn't affect me getting my prize, it was so much fun tho! :) -Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you make those Breyer boxes for the Minnie Whinnies? They're adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love getting to see the Diorama Contest entries! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want that beautiful Breyer Fresian whose been customized into a pirouette. :)

    -Kelsey Roe

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Clarion one hits WAY too close to home! Getting lost for two hours late at night without a phone gets stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could go to breyerfest....im missing out!!!! ~megan mankevich

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never knew how many mini winnies there actually is....gosh darnit where have I been!?! ~megan mankevich

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sculpting entry is just too cool!

    ReplyDelete