Sunday, March 9, 2014

Erin's Mardi Gras collection

I promise:  This is the last post about the Mardi Gras Madness live show at Breyer's Big Easy Bash.

Here's a look at Erin's Collector's Class entry.  At a glance, it looks pretty normal...  at least until you start reading the documentation.
Here's Erin's description:  I have some lovely OFs, but not of the level that usually win a collector's class! I decided to do it anyway for the fun of it. I was trying to figure out how to incorporate mardi gras into an OF collection, and finally settled on the fact that if Mardi Gras is more or less a celebration of bad decisions before it's Responsibility Time, wouldn't it be funny if my collection was showing the OFs that were a terrible decision on my part to buy or keep?
Here's one of my references - they all had the same elements. The horse description, my Mardi Gras Moment in buying or keeping the horse, and what my consequences were.  My boyfriend, Chris was an amazing sport in posing for a series of Grumpy Man pics to add to the feel.
If you're like me, you just gave yourself eyestrain trying to read that card.  Since I am not a fan of eyestrain, I asked Erin to send me the original documentation.  Happily, she obliged.  I think we can all agree on two thing: 1) Erin is really funny and 2) Erin's boyfriend is a definite enabler keeper!




This class was judged by popular vote, and Erin's collection placed seventh out of some thirty entries.  Way to go, Erin, and thanks again for allowing me to publish all your Mardi Gras Madness photos!

6 comments:

  1. Haha! What a creative and fun entry! I think my boyfriend could probably relate to some of the "grumpy man" pictures of Chris (in fact I think he's made similar expressions sometimes when looking at my collection).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this is cute! We all have those moments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hilarious entry. Oh, so relatable. And such a creative (yet fitting) take on the Mardi Gras theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAAA! First time I've seen this. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun idea! :)

    -Kelsey Roe

    ReplyDelete