Friday, March 14, 2014

Sidesaddle redux

I needed to borrow something from Fabian.  

I suppose I could have picked it up at his house or we could have met at a restaurant or coffee shop, but where's the fun in that?  Since, I'd much rather pet a pony than eat, drink or be merry, we decided to meet at Fabian's barn.
As luck would have it, today was the first time Fabian tried his new-to-him sidesaddle on Cisco.
Cisco is built like a barrel, so I had concerns worried about the fit.  Fabian seemed confident, however, and it turned out that he was right.  The saddle was plenty wide enough. 
It lay flush against his shoulders without gaping or pinching... 
and the seat was level... 
both from front to back... 
and side to side. 
Fabian doesn't have the girth yet, so there was no riding today, but he did lead Cisco around so that he could get used to the feel of it. 
Cisco didn't seem to mind it one bit. 
Seriously.  He couldn't have cared less! 
While I was there, I couldn't resist snapping a few photos for the reference file.  After all, I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be making a tiny version of this saddle sooner rather than later! 
 All in all, this was a most enjoyable errand.
I'm already looking forward to driving back up there to return the item.  Hopefully, that will be after the girth arrives!

1 comment:

  1. He's SO fluffy! Lol, I just want to give him a big hug!

    ReplyDelete