Thursday, March 13, 2014

Remarkable Re-ments

I blame Lauren.

Thanks to her recent guest post, I now have an all new hobby obsession:  Re-ment miniatures.

I'm not going to tell you how much time I've spent browsing the Re-ment listings on eBay this month.  I'm also not going to show you most of the Re-ments that have found their way to my house.  I know that's terribly unlike me, but I'm working on something, and I want it to be a surprise.
I will say that I've been extremely pleased with both the size and quality of the my purchases.  The scale is roughly 1:6, which is a bit larger than traditional.  However, for the most part, everything fits nicely into a 1:9 scale world.  
The food items themselves are very nice.  They're not comparable to the one of kind offerings created by the best polymer clay artists, but I wouldn't expect that from a mass produced item.  
The accessories, on the other hand, are amazing.  Just look at the plates in this post--Are they not the most perfect miniature plastic plates you've ever seen?  I think I need more of them.

Damn you, Lauren!

14 comments:

  1. Have you ever visited Denver's Museum of Dolls, Toys and Miniatures? it's on my list of want-to-see places and I would love to see your review of it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been there... It sounds dangerous!

      Delete
  2. BTW--anyone who knew Abbie at all should appreciate the accuracy of the last photo. If someone was carrying a plate of cookies, you could bet Abbie would be following right on her heels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I need to know is if I get to judge this surprise at Springamathing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gahhhhh you (and Lauren!) are NOT helping me avoid miniature searching/making/buying. (says someone who bought a 1:8 scale guitar today... heheh whoops.)

    I love those plates. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the cool stuff is made in Japan
      Here's the one I got.

      I'm always a bit nervous ordering from Asia but..... that's what feedback is for right?! :D

      Delete
    2. Please, please, please post pictures of it on your blog when it arrives. Please.

      :)

      Delete
  5. Jennifer do you have key words to help with the ebay search to find cool plates like those? I just bought some little to-go coffees, tiny cans of coca cola and some fast food of some variety (re-ment, orcara and something of equivalent size I believe) but as always I need MORE. Because toys are fun and I have been meaning to buy some for forever. You and Lauren just pushed me over the edge I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dissapointed with your use of foul words, here and in the post about your braces when visiting Khemo. Sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. To be fair, I didn't write the Khemo post. I occasionally edit guest posts to better fit a blog format, but I try not to touch the author's word choice remain their own,

    As for my own word choices, I'm sorry you're offended, but I won't apologize for the occasional, mild curse word, especially when used in jest.

    ReplyDelete