Monday, March 10, 2014

Rocky Mountain Horse Expo 2014

On Saturday, I had the great pleasure of attending the Rocky Mountain Horse Expo with a group of hobby friends.  From left to right, that's Teresa, Jennifer, Julie, Teresa, Fabian and Chance.
We met at the Hall of Education and spent a couple hours wandering through the trade show, 
shopping, 
and visiting some of our favorite exhibits
As usual, I was on the lookout for interesting tack.  I found a nifty gaucho saddle at the Ironless Horse booth...
and the Teresa's found a found a fluffy gaucho saddle cover!
 The US Forest Service was there with their big Pancho mule...
and a nice selection of packing tack.  I wish I'd have seen this single rigged sawbuck before I started on Kim's Pebbles scale pack set...
but these pannier photos may still come in handy! 
With so many great things on display, we felt like kids in a candy store.
"Look, it's Cisco!
Then we found the sidesaddle booth...
and suddenly, things got serious!
I don't want to give too much away, but it's possible that someone bought himself a new saddle.
After spending a couple hours at the trade show...
I was ready to see some horses. 
So we headed over to the Events Center and walked the barn aisles... 
and stood by the warm-up ring. 
Horse Expos always remind me of model horse shows.  
Where else can you see... 
so many different types of horses in one place? 
While we were there, we watched a game of collegiate indoor polo.
My alma mater, Colorado State University was victorious.  Go Rams! 
After polo came polocrosse.  
And then, finally, it was time to go home.  This was such a fun day--I can't wait to do it again next year!

3 comments:

  1. I love how Jennifer is poking the carriage even though the sign is right there! That seems like something my younger brother would do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can men enter horse show sidesaddle classes? I've never heard of that before, but I guess, now I think about it, I don't see why they couldn't!

    -Kelsey Roe

    ReplyDelete