Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Therapy

I started physical therapy last week.

Although some of the exercises are uncomfortable, it feels good to be actively working to improve my health.  After just two sessions, I can already feel improvements in both my strength and flexibility.
Despite these gains, I've been feeling a bit out of sorts.  It was obvious that some emotional therapy was in order, so today I went to the barn.

I arrived right after the horses had been fed, so neither Rev...
nor Mystyc was particularly excited to see me.  No matter, I was perfectly content to hang out with them while they ate.  
I also visited with Kristina and Kahlua...
 and checked in with a couple other friends.
By the time I was ready to go, Rev had eaten most of his food and was ready to cuddle.  Of course, I was happy to accommodate him!  
It wasn't an exciting day by any means, but I feel better for having spent an hour or two outside with the ponies.  They may not be the kind of therapy my doctor prescribed, but they're every bit as essential to my overall well being as the stretches and exercises!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that physical therapy is helping! (Of course, pony therapy is good, too!)

    And thanks for another picture of Kahlua - such a handsome boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. “There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.”-- Winston Churchill

    I love the sound of horses eating hay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sound, too, Christie. It's music for my soul!

    ReplyDelete