Saturday, November 9, 2013

More healing

It's been three weeks since my accident and at least as long since I've spent any real time in the studio.  

My studio is a cozy space with a comfortable chair, a television and a computer desk.  You would think it would be a good place to recuperate, but unfortunately that hasn't proven to be the case.  The room is small and and crowded with fragile and expensive things.  My injuries have left me awkward and clumsy, and I can't shake the image of all my pretty horses falling over like a line of dominoes.  Additionally, none of the furniture has the right proportions for my sling-ed arm.  Both the arm rests on the chair and the top of the work desk are a little bit too high.  I suppose I could sit on a phone book, but at my age, that seems a little ridiculous.

I've been much too sore to make tack anyway, so mostly I've just stayed away...  at least until today!

In the past couple days, I've really started to feel a return to normalcy.  I haven't taken any pain medication since Wednesday morning, and although I can't use my left arm much, it's no longer completely useless.  Today, I threw caution to the wind and ventured back into the studio.  This is the happy result.
It's not much and it's not done but at least it's something.  Hurray!  Hurray!

8 comments:

  1. I hope you continue to feel better!! Then you can get back to riding Rev AND tack making! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, you are back;-)

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, sort of. It took me a really long time to do this much (and the lace had already been prepared, so it shouldn't have) and I'm a little sore tonight. It's an advil kind of sore as opposed to a percoset kind of sore, but still... There isn't going to be a lot of tackmaking in the next week or so, just a little here and there to keep me from going too crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well at least you'll catch up to your orders, right??

    RebekahB-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on *making* tack! I found, when unable but wanting to stay involved, that sometimes I *bought* tack. As for sitting on a phone book, try a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to buy tack (real or model!) but it's been an expensive month. In the last thirty days, we have replaced a glass stove top, a garbage disposal and had our entire front yard dug up. Right now, Seth is in the garage putting a new alternator in his care, and mine also needs major work. Add in the costs of my medical care, and it's obvious that I can't buy anything extraneous. :(

      Fortunately, I'm not feeling especially needy. I've received both Lady Liberty and Apparition in the last little bit, so on the model front at least, I have NOTHING to complain about!

      Delete
  6. No,not a pillow cause when you sit on it you go down still, you Amish it and it goes down..now if its a big.pillow that's different:)

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mean you smush it,,sorry

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete