Monday, November 11, 2013

Back in business

I finished Sue's bridle today.  It's a pretty basic two ear Western show bridle.  The only thing that makes it particularly unique is the custom color.  Well, that and it's the first post accident piece.  
Don't underestimate the importance of that second fact.  Making something--anything really--that requires two hands and having it turn out well feels like a major accomplishment.  I'm as proud of this bridle as I am of anything else I've made all year.
Apparition may not seem the most obvious choice to model a Western bridle, but since he has been my recovery buddy, he was kind of the only choice.  Besides, I think he looks pretty spiffy in it.  I think he wants to do Western Dressage!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your accomplishment! It's a very pretty bridle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! As I am also finally back at my work table I know how pleased you are with this accomplishment - which is lovely no matter when it was made :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful! You SHOULD be very proud ;)

    Apparition is a perfect name for him. And he looks wonderful! He could do some western dressage if he liked, haha :)

    ReplyDelete