Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Princess performance

In retrospect, the Trillium portrait should have been obvious.  Certainly Tiffany gave me enough hints, but I was oblivious and the model came as a complete surprise.  As such, I had absolutely no game plan as far as showing her in the performance classes at the GLC No Frills show held last weekend in Huntley, Illinois.  Fortunately, Tiffany came prepared.  She brought all sorts of tack and props and reference sheets, and between the two of us, we were able to show Princess Trillium to a Western Performance Championship, an English Performance Reserve Championship and an All Around Performance Championship.  Today's photo array captures some of our winning (and non-winning!) efforts.  Enjoy!














6 comments:

  1. Awesome! What a beautiful model Princess T is! You both really made something special :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute! I love that first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually mildly upset I had a wedding to go to instead of this show. Next time you come out to Illinois I WILL be showing my kick -ass mule(tee hee) in performance, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome contest. I love everything to do with horses. How did you get into this competition?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Isabel! To find a model horse show near you (provided you live in the United States), go to the NAMHSA's web page and select the "Find a member show" option on the left side of the screen. If you're not familiar with the model horse hobby, I would also recommend Model Horse Blab and Model Horse $ales Page. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her paint job, such soft tones.

    Sarah
    CuttingHorse

    ReplyDelete