Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Details, details

Don't get me wrong--I love Colorado and the entire Colorado model horse hobby scene.  I truly believe you would be hard pressed to find a nicer group of people anywhere in this country.

However, there's no denying that ours is perhaps not the most competitive region, at least not in the resin halter division.  One of the great great joys in attending a live show in other parts of the country is the sheer abundance of amazing models atop the tables.  Most of these models were featured in yesterday's posts, but I know my painter friends will enjoy a closer look at some of their incredible details!










9 comments:

  1. oooh... quite drool worthy are these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you quite, quite sure that top photo is of a MODEL??!?! I simply don't believe it! They are all incredible but that one just truly blows me away. I have absolutely no idea how those painters manage to achieve those kind of Appy and Pinto effects. Well, maybe I have SOME small idea since I've looked at a few of your fellow hobbyist's websites, but I'm still in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm speechless!
    (almost)-Do you know who any of the painters are?

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! That pintaloosa is the most incredible thing I've seen. Who in the world did that stunning piece? Anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. With the exception of the bay Arabian and the dapple grey Victrix (or is it Venator?), these models are all painted by Carol Williams (Rio Rondo). Jen, you are very consistent in what you like (and I'm right there with you). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true that I am very consistent in my taste and am a HUGE fan of Carol Williams' work. However, I didn't intend for this post to be a Carol Williams gallery of sorts. I've been very, very preoccupied with my trial, so the selection process was extremely quick and not very considered.

    And, for the record, my jury duty is now complete. It was not a slam dunk case by any stretch of the imagination, but we did return a verdict of guilty on seven counts of attempted first degree murder with an assault rife. Three of those counts were against children 10 years of age and younger. To say this was an emotional week for me would be a colossal understatement. I am completely exhausted and would like to curl up in ball and sleep for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn Jennifer! That is one hell of a jury to be on.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those horses are a level to aspire to! Thank you for the close ups!

    ReplyDelete