Thursday, December 20, 2012

Birth of a Brio

Have you ever wondered how resins are made?  
Last weekend, the Paloose-Arts team of Sheila and Charlie were kind enough to open their home to a bunch of local hobbyists and share some of their resin making secrets.  Today's photo sequence shows Charlie de-molding a Brio Sambra resin.

After the resin has hardened, the mold is taken off the rotocaster, and the hardware holding the hard outer shell is removed.
The two pieces of the outer shell are separated,
exposing the rubber, inner mold.
Charlie carefully pries the two halves of this mold apart...
slowly exposing...
a brand new Brio! 
Welcome to the world, little man.  You're going to make some model horse collector very, very happy.
Thanks again, Sheila and Charlie!

5 comments:

  1. Give me!! Lol sadly I wanted one for my birthday but my mom didn't like the price.I would have gladly payed what the seller wanted.so that's really my hobby goal : have an artist resin, I really like brio<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. They make it look so easy, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's neat! I always wondered her they did it!

    Sarah
    CuttingHorse

    ReplyDelete