Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Decompressing

I took my girls to the dog park today.
This particular dog park has lots of big rocks...
 for the dogs to play on...
 and around.
It was so nice to be outside in the sunshine thinking about dogs rather than sitting in a court room hearing about gangsters and guns.
Even though the trial is over and I think we delivered the proper verdict, it was a very intense and emotionally exhausting experience.  
 I think it's going to take a while for me to shake it off completely.
I'm so glad I have my happy girls to help me get over the hump.

5 comments:

  1. The dogs look like sisters - just love them!

    Been there with the trial thing - it was emotionally difficult and stayed with me for quite a while. Time will heal - and lots of dog therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a friend that was in a really emotionally difficult trial as a juror. I can only imagine some of the things that jurors have to be exposed to. My sympathies. What a nice day in the sun though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs make the worst day better! I love mine :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is better. I am still thinking about the case, but it's not the ONLY thing I'm thinking about.

    Because this was a gang related crime, there were some scary moments in the courtroom, especially when we delivered the verdict. The defense asked to poll the jury, and each of us was addressed by name. I didn't care for that much at all. Fortunately there was lots of security.

    Despite the emotional toll, there were a lot of good things that came from the jury duty experience. Certainly, I learned a lot about our justice system. I was extremely impressed with
    the courtroom personnel--the judge, the bailiffs and the attorneys. I also enjoyed meeting my fellow jurors. What a nice group of people that was! Even during the most contentious parts of our deliberation, every one was polite and respectful.

    S

    ReplyDelete