Saturday, May 7, 2011

Run for the Noses

Yup, I said noses.

Forget the Derby--the most exciting race of the year was run two weeks ago in a field in Sedalia, Colorado.  Here's a look at the contestants during the post parade.
The course was marked with a trail of coyote urine.
The starter waited for the signal.
And away they go!
They were a bit bunched up in the early stages...
but it wasn't long before the big guns began to separate themselves from the rest of the pack.
The winner absolutely taunted his rivals in the stretch.
Slackers at the back of the pack!
After the race was over, all the contestants came back...
to take their bows...
and tip their hats to the enthusiastic crowd.
Hope everyone's having a happy Derby Day!

5 comments:

  1. I love that the dogs always look SO happy! :-)
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if they had to draw straws to figure out who had to be the one with the pee.

    Fun pics though! Now I just need 35 Breyer dogs for my setup...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that is cool! I couldn't imagine hauling all of those dogs to the event... O.O
    Quick question, Jen - I know it's off-topic, but what did you use for the tire on the bullfighting-training set you made, and where did you get it? I wanted to make a racing sulky with tires like that, but I don't have any clue where to get them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful landscape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, Erin. I already have ten dogs so I guess I only need 25 more!

    Alex--I'm afraid I can't be much help in regards to the wheels. Kellye sent them to me when she ordered the bull cart. I have absolutely no idea where she found them. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete