Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Back to work

You know that saying:  I need a vacation to recover from my vacation?  

Well, that's how it's been around here for the last few days.  Today was my first real studio day in more than a week.  I spent it making making the breastplate and crupper for Marianna's Portuguese set.
Top view.  I didn't have a goat hide for the xairel, so I used a trimmed and dyed rabbit hide instead. 
Since so many performance showers use rider dolls, I feel an obligation to make sure every saddle I sell fits the Breyer doll at least reasonably well.  This is so much harder than it sounds, so I always hold my breath as I set the doll onto the tack...
Success!  The stirrups need adjusting, but I am really pleased with the way the doll is sitting in the saddle.
Tomorrow I'll make the double bridle and then this one moves to the finished column.  Hurray!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks amazing so far! Well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such amazing attention to detail. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is amazing! I don't suppose you sell these?

    ReplyDelete