You know that saying: I need a vacation to recover from my vacation?
Well, that's how it's been around here for the last few days. Today was my first real studio day in more than a week. I spent it making making the breastplate and crupper for Marianna's Portuguese set.Top view. I didn't have a goat hide for the xairel, so I used a trimmed and dyed rabbit hide instead.
Since so many performance showers use rider dolls, I feel an obligation to make sure every saddle I sell fits the Breyer doll at least reasonably well. This is so much harder than it sounds, so I always hold my breath as I set the doll onto the tack...Success! The stirrups need adjusting, but I am really pleased with the way the doll is sitting in the saddle.
Tomorrow I'll make the double bridle and then this one moves to the finished column. Hurray!