Sunday, May 29, 2011

Overwhelmed

Nearly everything about yesterday's Springamathing live show was overwhelming.  There will, of course, be a more complete show report later.  In the meantime, here's a quick recap.

First the brags--Emma was undefeated in the performance ring.
My halter horses were equally impressive, bringing home six more rosettes and an overall Resin Halter championship.
As sweet as those victories were, they paled in comparison to my first ever meeting with hobby icon and tackmaker extraordinaire, Susan Bensema Young.  I just wish we'd have had more time to talk!
Of course some memories are less good than others.  Parts of my day were a bit terrifying.  I think I could have lived my whole life without ever having to judge a class like this... 
and, um, Barb's Borat themed cake...   I wish I could forget all about that!
More soon!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the spoils! OMG that cake...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Susan great! I so enjoy her company. You guys look thrilled to be there. Congrats on your wins too - WOW. Makes me want to go to a show!!!
    Lorrie Frannz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rather glad I missed that cake.... :D

    (Psst...Emma was res champ Other perf...to Val's horse... you got a bit ribbon happy :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got a picture of Susan! I wanted one and was too shy to ask :-) It was so great meeting her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, congrats on all your wins - amazing!! And how freakin' cool that you got to meet Susan! That is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My eyes! My eyes!! I wasn't expecting THAT (cake) this early in the morning! GAH!!

    Good to see Susan B-Y looking so good! I still treasure my first saddle from her. In my mind she is still a tender young lass...what happened to me though? {huh?}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Emma is the business!

    And the cake, reminds me of my trip to Kazakhstan last year. Not because they all wear mankinis, but because I was constantly aware that if I mentioned Borat I would get lynched!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god, the cake! *rolls*

    Well done on the results though! Emma's just adorable and that grey...well. O_O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh... that cake! Well done on your wins at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my eexpretion at seeing the cake O___o

    ReplyDelete