Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happiness is... delayed

Oh, I was so disappointed to come home from running errands yesterday and discover that I had missed a package!  
And what a package to miss--a box from Erin Corbett containing not one but two saddles.  It was torture having to wait until the Post Office opened this morning.  Sheer torture, I tell you!

Fortunately, the waiting is over.  The saddles have been retrieved and they are gorgeous!

The first saddle isn't actually new.  I've owned it for a couple years, but have rarely used it because it didn't fit my long legged Breyer riders.  Erin graciously offered to retrofit it with brand new fenders.  This is the result.  Hurray!  
Next up is the Hummingbird saddle.   This poorly lit photo doesn't do it justice.  It's just spectacular in person!
Close up of the tooling... 
and the breastcollar. 
Thank you so much, Erin, for sending me these amazing saddles.  I just love them!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that hummingbird one is lovely! Beautiful details in the carving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, stunning saddles!! I especially like the hummingbird one! Beautiful work of Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beads on the breastcollar! Nice coordination!

    ReplyDelete