Wednesday, May 18, 2011

More project updates

My love of bargains and projects is not confined to "you finish it" saddle kits.  Over the years I've amassed a staggering number of four legged projects.  Most of these are languishing unfinished in a box in  my basement.  Every now and then, however, I get motivated and dig up a few.

Last Friday was one of those days.  I packed a box of horses and tools and headed out to my friend Regan's house for one of our semi regular "epoxy days."
I brought two victims.  The first was this little Suki resin who I bought as a second quality casting several years ago.  Suki was cast without support wires in her legs, and she's experienced a lot of issues with warping.  As you can see, her left foreleg had moved so far under her body that she could no longer stand upright.
Regan and I always work on each other's horses, so I let her cut and bend the foreleg back into place.  Hopefully this time it will stay put!
Victim number two was my Experiment resin.  
I bought this guy for $15, shipping included.   He's still got a long way to go, but his tail is looking a lot better thanks to Regan's new set of carbide scrapers.
Regan and I both spent some time working on Regan's original sculpture, Virginia.  It's been a long slow road with this girl, but she's coming along nicely!
One last picture--here are Regan's two newest models.  Talk about Beauty and the Beast!
There's no better way to spend a day than hanging out with a friend and working on ponies.  Thanks for having me, Regan.  Maybe one of these days we'll actually finish something!

3 comments:

  1. I am impressed every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, I don't think we will be able to meet again before the move. I'm not quite sure how the clay is going to travel, but she's going to have to move in her current state.

    I took a nap from general exhaustion today and dreamed about putting a metal bead in the cut I made in Suki's leg to keep it from moving again! At least I was dreaming of working on the models...does that count?

    Unfortunately dreaming doesn't get them finished. But what progress I made during my nap today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you two ever finish anything, it will be a red banner day :D

    ReplyDelete