Thursday, January 5, 2017

Still more Christmas

We spent Christmas at my Mom's house in California
That was a lot of fun, but it didn't feel like Christmas. 
This was largely because we decided not to travel with presents. Instead, we deferred the family gift exchange to New Year's Eve.
Last Saturday, the Buxton family plus Carol and Katie stayed up until midnight to ring in the new year.
Then we hurried into the dining room and opened all the presents.
There were some interesting offerings... 
but everyone got at least one good thing and a fun time was had by all (especially Carol and James).
I thought that was the end of Christmas, but it turns out that I was wrong. Today, the mailman brought me one more Christmas box.
This CollectA warmblood with his beautiful, tiny bridle was a gift from UK hobbyist and tack maker, Curtis Sayers. I am blown away by all the delicate details Curtis packs into his work!
I don't collect minis, but I do have a resin copy of that model. Rune won him at Jennifer Scott's Horses N Hangars show way back in 2011. He's been languishing on my unpainted shelf ever since, but suddenly I feel like he needs paint... and a saddle!
Thank you so much, Curtis. This has been a long, strange and wonderful Christmas season. I'm glad it's ending with something horsey!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool!!!! Any of you get delirious with sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you make a tutorial for making panels on English saddles?

    ReplyDelete