Friday, January 6, 2017

NaMoPaiMo

I really, really, really want to paint some horses this year.
I have everything I need: the models,
the art supplies...
and the instruction books.
The only thing I'm missing is motivation.
I've spent a lot of time thinking about what it will take to make my painting dreams a reality.
Those thoughts led me down a path called NaNoWriMo.
National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is an internet-based writing project that takes place every year during the month of November. Participants are challenged to write a fifty thousand word novel between 12:00 a.m. November 1 and 11:59 p.m. November 30. The emphasis is on the act of writing itself. Quantity is more important than quality, and the NaNoWriMo website provides participants with support and motivation throughout the entire process.
"Wouldn't it be great," I thought, "if the hobby had something like NaNoWriMo, but for painting. We could call it NaMoPaiMo for National Model Painting Month."
One thing led to another, and I am happy to announce that now NaMoPaiMo is a go. Please join me in pledging to paint one model next month. Together, I know we can do it!

22 comments:

  1. This is really a more the merrier type of project. I hope everyone will sign up. Please encourage your hobby friends to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I will have a house yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very much looking forward to this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall try the problem is which one lol !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome idea! :D Now I'm wondering if I should plan out what horse to paint or just go into it like a NaNo pantser and do a blind-draw from the body box. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I so need the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW DO I SIGN UP?

    {I don't have Facebook, or the ability to view the link, so bear with me}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in ! i got a body ISH last week so i shall paint him for this =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What books are out there by Model People to learn how to repaint a model from? I have one but would like to learn more!
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really is a great idea. Sad thing is, I don't have Facebook so I also don't have the ability to view the link. However, I'll just participate with myself then :D
    And I'm just in my low teens so somebody will have to drive me to get an unpainted model. I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello there!
    A friend & myself would also like to join in the fun! But, like several of the folks above, neither of us have face book either. Is there anyway to participate without face book?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This might get me painting again.
    Do you have a sign up page or???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out this post for more details.

      I will invite participants to sign up on or before February 1, and everyone is strongly encouraged to share a picture of their unpainted model at that time. However, this really is, at heart, a personal challenge. If people don't want to sign up, that's okay, too.

      Delete