Thursday, December 1, 2016

And Dream of Spots Photo Challenge

French hobbyist, Cold Ruru, was responsible for one of the most outstanding entries in my 2015 BCS Winter Photo Challenge.
I definitely plan to participate and am already planning my entries. I hope everyone else will, too, but even if you don't don't, you should definitely check out the And Dream of Spots blog.
It is filled with amazingly lifelike photos...
of model horses... 
enjoying the French and Belgian countryside. 
My personal definition of a great photo is one that makes me think, "I wish I had taken that!" 
I find myself thinking that a lot...
when viewing Cold Ruru's blog! 
I should also mention that I have a big, cyber crush on her real horse, Sweetie...
as well as Sweetie's 1:9 scale counterpart.
I made that halter!
halter by BCS
If all that doesn't inspire you, I don't know what will. I know it's a busy time of year, but entries for the And Dream of Spots Photo Challenge are open through the end of January. That's more than enough time to take ten photos. Let's all get to it!

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, do you know if the images created in a photo shop program? They are amazing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they wonderful

    If you check out her blog, you will see pictures of Cold Ruru and her friends taking photos of their models. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some photoshop editing, too, but the horses and mountains are all real.

    ReplyDelete