Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Love and laughter postscript

In her guest post published earlier today, Sandy Sanderson wrote: Driving to the service, Jenn and I actually got to spend some quality time together, which had been a long time in coming, but that is for another post.

This is that post.

A little over a year ago, Sandy and I drove from Colorado Springs to the small town of Gardner to attend Jim West's memorial service. It was a long, beautiful drive through rural Colorado, and despite the sadness of the day, we had a wonderful time.
Longtime readers know that I always brake for horses...
(this pretty Appaloosa lives very near Jim's final resting place) 
...but Sandy and I braked for pretty much everything.
We stopped for barns, 
mountain vistas... 
and dirt roads.
Mostly we took photos...
but every now and then, we saw something so enticing...
one of us couldn't resist hopping a fence... 
and exploring! 
Oh, Sandy! You're outta control.
Burrs and tears aside, I loved driving--and braking--with Sandy.
Hobby friends really are the best friends. Love you, Sandy! Can't wait for our next road trip!

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to live there. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete