Saturday, November 12, 2016

Star spangled future

This is Star Spangled. He is one the members of my childhood herd who recently found his way back to me in Colorado.
The Proud Arabian Stallion isn't a popular mold these days, but back in the 1970's and early 1980's he was pretty much the bomb. In my imagination, Star Spangled was a magnificent show horse, and even though I didn't own any real tack, I could picture him all dressed up and ready to win.

Well, I do own tack now.

The rest of today's post is a present from my forty seven year old self to my twelve year old self. Hang in there, little Jennifer. In just a few short decades, all your hobby dreams will come true!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my, he looks magnificent! Indeed, if my child self could see my current collection, she would be very excited! I wasn't fortunate enough to have any Breyers, and most of my horses are long gone now, but I think I still have a couple tucked away somewhere. It would be fun to dress my old favorites up in my new, non-twist-tie tack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my child self could have seen Rune or Khemotigre. She would have passed out!

      Delete
    2. Most definitely! My models are mostly play or photo OFs, and not so much my strong point as my barns, tack, and diorama pieces, but my child self probably would have drooled over my models, too! They are a considerable step-up from the plastic pastel carpet steeds of my past.

      Delete
  2. The PAS is one of my favorites. These pictures make me want to go tack up mine for some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! My sister had the dappled PAS. Mine was the bay from the Sears wish book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. If I was able to show more than once every couple years, I'd consider campaigning a vintage OF. It probably wouldn't be this one, though!

      Delete
  5. Looks like you have a versatility entry ready to show! Glad to see your childhood dreams come true. Those are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This construction of your current self fulfilling the dreams of your past 12yr old self makes me so happy - how cool to finally dress that guy up the way you always wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE seeing older Breyers all dressed up. He looks so good in everything! :D

    ReplyDelete