Monday, September 7, 2015

I brake for horses

The boys and I spent part of our holiday weekend in the mountains.
We tramped through the forest... 
and found a cave with a fire ring. 
Seth built a fire, we cooked some food... 
and a good time was had by all. 
But that's not what this post is about...
The Colorado mountains are always beautiful, but yesterday they seemed a little more beautiful than usual.
I was taking pictures through the window as we drove along... 
when suddenly I noticed a field filled with horses. Seth asked if I wanted him to stop the car so I could get a better shot. I told him that wasn't necessary, but I would like that.
He pulled to the side of the road, and I took several pictures.
Then Ryan pointed out that we'd missed the best view while we were discussing whether or not we should stop the car. Seth offered to make a u-turn and go back to the that first spot. I told him that wasn't necessary, but I would love that.
We went back, I took my pictures and we headed out again.
Ten minutes later, I saw another horse.  
Seth asked, I answered and the car stopped again.
And again. 
Each time, Seth seemed surprised that I wanted to stop.
Silly man. After twenty years he should know that given the choice, I always brake for horses!

6 comments:

  1. I don't know how your family puts up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a bunch of enablers, and I love them for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog :-)
    ....and I do the same thing. I always slow down (and sometimes stop) to see horses. Always. Life is too short to miss those opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great hubby. When my parents still lived in the mountains and my brother and I would go up to visot, he would often point stuff out "That would make a nice picture" but would keep going. Even when we'd see wild horses he would never stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtaking photos! I miss my mountains...

    ReplyDelete