Monday, November 28, 2016

Horses around the edges

When I returned home from California in August, I brought with me a large manila envelope filled with family pictures.
1970, Dad, Erin, Colleen, Jennifer
I've been scanning these and will return them to my Mom when I go back to California for Christmas.
1963, Dad
I really love looking at all the old photos.
1936, Dad, Ada, Lisle
This is so cute.
Dad
I don't remember us being a family that took a lot of photos, but holidays, birthdays, vacations... they're mostly all here.
1962, wedding day
Just about the only thing that's missing is a picture of my Dad with a horse. This is the closest I could find, and it was taken a full two years before my birth!
1967, Dad, Colleen
On the plus side, I was delighted to find a large number of photos with horses...
1969, Jennifer, Colleen
which were mostly...
1973, Jennifer, Erin
but not always Breyers...
1976 Erin
lurking...
1980, Jennifer
around the edges.
1977, Jennifer, Erin
Because I always wanted more Breyers, a lot of these are birthday...
1977
and Christmas pictures.
1976
However, there was at least a few were just because Jennifer loves her horses!
1977
So many memories! I am very thankful to have all these photos scanned and saved, but I'm still hoping to someday find a picture of my Dad with a horse.

5 comments:

  1. HI! Wanna check out my blog? I make tack too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're off to a great start. Keep going!

      :)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful post! The closest I can come is a snap of my Dad on a carousel horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You'll outgrow this horsey phase." And yet old photos tell a different story. And love those of your father, too.

    ReplyDelete