Friday, January 18, 2013

Birthday rides

Today was my birthday. 

Birthdays aren't all that exciting when you're as old as I am, but I did have a very nice day.  I got some great gifts and spent some quality time with family and friends.  The highlight of my day, however, was a two hour trail ride on Rev.  As far as I'm concerned, all birthdays should be celebrated on horseback.
Post ride roll
When I was a kid, my parents usually gave me two options in regards to birthdays. I could have a small party and a great gift or a small gift and a great party. In 1981, I chose the party.
Jennifer on Gift Wrap
My parents drove my sister and I and two of my best friends out to Azusa where we rented horses and went on a trail ride.
Cindy
Truth be told, the ride wasn't anything special. The horses were slow and stubborn and hard to steer. 
Erin and Amy
A normal kid probably would have been disappointed, but I didn't mind too much.  
Jennifer
After all, every birthday should be celebrated on horseback!

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! :-)


    Hope it was great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very glad your horseback birthday was a good one :-)

    Those slow, stubborn, hard to steer horses are about the only kind I ever got to ride with rare exceptions that usually involved landing on the ground..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday from one January 'baby' to another!!

    Hope it was fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Jenn!! I'm glad you got to ride!

    ReplyDelete