Friday, January 1, 2016

Horsey new year

We had a white Christmas this year. 
We also had a white before-Christmas and a white after-Christmas. In fact, we've had snow on the ground almost continuously since Thanksgiving. That, coupled with the usual holiday craziness, kept me out the saddle most of December.
Of course, "out of the saddle" doesn't mean "away from the the barn." I've been there every day this week, feeding the noms,
straightening  the blankets,
and making sure that everyone is okay.
I've recruited various family members to accompany me on these outings. 
Doesn't Ryan look thrilled
All of that is well and good, but today is the first day of a new year, and I decided that I needed to go riding. As luck would have it, two of my barn buddies had the same thought. We bundled up and headed out.
This could have been a problem. 
It wasn't.
What's that in the tree? 
Could we really be that lucky?
Yes, we could!
 We took lots of pictures...
before heading back down the trail. 
Today was filled with sunshine, good friends, good horses and a bald eagle. What a great way to start the year!

2 comments:

  1. Sound like an excellent way to begin 2016.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete