Monday, January 18, 2016

Birthday

This year got off to a great start with three rides in three days.
Since then, however, my life has been mostly horseless. Bad weather, bad footing and closed trails have all played a part, but the biggest issue has been my health. Oh, it seems like I have been sick forever! 

But... today is my birthday. 

The sun is out, and although I am not one hundred percent, this is the healthiest I've been in weeks. Carol offered to enable me, so together we headed to the barn to spend some time with Santana.
The footing is still bad and the trails are still closed, so I just rode him around the ring a little.
Santana thought this was completely pointless... 
and resisted my efforts to make him "smile" for the new camera.
That's okay. Any ride is better than no ride, and any birthday spent with a good friend and a good horse is a good birthday. I am happy today.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Thank you for letting me play a small part in your special day!

    ReplyDelete