Monday, March 16, 2015

Rocky Mountain Horse Expo 2015

One of my favorite yearly traditions is attending the Rocky Mountain Horse Expo with a group of hobby friendsWe planned to do it again this year, but scheduling conflicts proved insurmountable. I was debating whether or not to go at all when James offered to accompany me.

"You might be bored," I warned him. "I'm want to go to the trade show and watch the entertainment. We'll be there at least a few hours."

"That's okay," he said. "I really want to go."

So we went.
We walked around the trade show first, I did all the things I always do, including looking at tack,
oohing and ahing over the carriages... 
and petting the minis. 
Because I was with James, I also did some things I don't usually do, such as driving the tractors, 
roping the hay bales... 
(they had nothing to fear from us!)... 
and eating ice cream. 
Although I wasn't looking for model horses, I couldn't help but notice a few. 
These "wrapped" horses were oddly interesting. 
James and I decided that these would be fun to make... 
but neither of us wanted to take one home! 
After about an hour, we followed the minis... 
to the Event Center. 
We'd planned to find a seat for the Mane Event,  
but we got sidetracked by the action...
in the warm-up arena.
Then we saw some sparkly Haflingers, and we just had to venture into the barn area to meet them.
Our journey to our seats was further delayed when we once again crossed paths with the minis.
We'd barely sat down when the arena lights went out... 
and the show began. 
Stay tuned for coverage of the Mane Event.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good time. And it's awesome that James wanted to go with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised. I didn't even have to bribe him!

      :)

      Delete
  3. those minis and that haffie!!! too cute!

    ReplyDelete