Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tack reference Tuesday

Like most tackmakers, I collect photos of tack. 

I'm interested in just about anything that could possibly be put on a horse, but what I love most of all is good clear photos of something rare, exotic and awesome.  

This Cornish heavy horse show harness qualifies on all counts!
These photos were taken by British hobbyist, Jackie Radwanski, at the 2014 Wessex Heavy Horse Show.
I haven't been able to find much information about Cornish show harnesses online, but they appear to be regular heavy horse in-hand harnesses with lots of extra embellishments.  
Although I can't be certain, this particular Cornish harness appears to be the one made to celebrate the wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana.
It's a beautiful piece of tack...
and I even though I have no interest in replicating this in 1:9 scale (sorry!)... 
I am happy to have so many wonderful pictures of it for my files! 
Thank you so much for allowing me to share your pictures, Jackie! 
I would love to make "Tack reference Tuesday" a semi-regular blog feature.  If you have good, clear photos of an unusual tack item you'd like to share, please send them my way!

8 comments:

  1. This is awesome :) I'd really like to see someone make it. Unfortunately I don't see myself buying or making that many harness brasses, but this is something I'd like to try some day. (SOME day lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at all the brasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooo.. the things I could send you.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I've never seen anything like that! Embellishments indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to Email you this link to the email you had for your contest since the one on your profile would not go into my email.

    May I present the Western Dressage saddle!
    http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608006471532089332&pid=15.1&P=0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry. I did get that one, but I am sooooo behind on email, I haven't responded yet.

      In my traditionalist opinion, the saddle is ugly. However, I could probably get over that if it's good to ride in. I have my doubts, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

      :)

      Delete
    2. That is okay, I didn't even know if it was the right email. :)

      I think the saddle is ridiculously bizarre and quite ugly too. I just thought it was unique, and I'm quite tempted to make a mini one, just to try it out. :D

      Delete