Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Rocky Mountain Horse Expo

Today was the third and final day of the Rocky Mountain Horse Expo held at the National Western Complex in Denver, Colorado. I attended the event with my friends Cara and Regan. None of us have had a lot of real horse time lately so we headed out to the barns straightaway. Happily there were a lot of interesting horses over there!
These included a lot of Gypsy Vanners...
and this lovely Andalusian gelding, Jalapeno E.
A Belgian's braided forelock.A very big Shire being ridden by a very small girl.
While we were there, we listened in on several of the talks and demonstrations. This little Arab was part of a colt training seminar.
Cara and I both fell in love with Ribbon the vaulting horse.
Eventually, we headed over to the trade show which was located in the Hall of Education. I always love visiting the Blue Ribbon Books booth!
There were also a lot of horse art vendors.
I don't know about you...
but I think I'd rather....
spend my money on a nice artist resin!
All kidding aside, I did like a lot of the flatwork, and it's always interesting to see artists working amidst the chaos of a trade show.
There were also a lot of tack shops, and I spent most of the afternoon taking pictures of saddles. These run the gamut from amazing to scary and I will be uploading pictures from both ends of the spectrum in the upcoming week!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun! I'll look forward to the tack pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Jalapeno has been a gelding for years, and his "buddy" Amoroso recently had the surgery.

    ReplyDelete