Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mahaganaska's foal

We are expecting no less than seven foals at Kenlyn this month.  The first was born last night.  James didn't have school today, so he accompanied me to meet the new arrival.
Mahaganaska's baby is a big, perfect, chestnut colt. 
He was a little bit shy when we entered his stall, 
but James is the foal whisperer...
so it didn't take long for them to become friends. 
"Gotcha!" 
"Come on, little man."
"Say cheese." 
After twenty minutes of visiting, the foal was all tuckered out. He lay down to take a nap. 
Sleepy baby. 
James let him get settled, and then he made his move. 
According to James...
foals make the best nap buddies!
Welcome to the world, little man.  We're so happy to meet you.
Oh, I just love foaling season!  I can't wait until the next six babies are here, too!

7 comments:

  1. *SQUEEEEE!* Oh, so very, very cute. You guys are spoiled! I haven't been around a bunch of foals since one summer in 1980, I'm sorry to say, and that was only for a week... So glad you have a "horse buddy" in the family now, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love James :-) (foal too, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love James, too. Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foals are so cute, I just wish I can somehow sneak them home and hug them forever

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, he's sooooo cute! *squeals*

    ReplyDelete