Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tack reference Tuesday

Today's featured tack is a Moroccan style Arabian costume that is on display at Kentucky Horse Supply in Louisville, Kentucky. These pictures were taken by Heather Moreton who says: I've seen those sets at Arabian championship shows. They always have them at the Egyptian event because the sheikhs come over and donate them as prizes.

I ride at an Arabian barn, but the emphasis is on endurance not showing. I've never had the chance to examine one of these costumes in person, so I really appreciate all these pictures. So many detail shots and different angles! Thanks to Heather for allowing me to share them here.

Side view of the saddle.
A closer look at the saddle. 
The seat.
Pommel. 
Cantle.
 Behind the cantle.
Detail of the fringe/tassels. 
Detail of the embroidery. 
Stirrups. 
Bottom of the stirrup (so cool!). 
Rigging. 
Another view of the rigging. 
Underside of saddle.
Breastplate. 
Bridle. 
Bridle decoration. 
Bridle decoration again. 
Browband. 
Bit. 
Thanks again, Heather, and remember, I'm always looking for new photos for Tack Reference Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Hmm that's a really interesting looking bit. Overall costume is beautiful. I can't even imagine stitching that! There's so much detail in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bit is a ring bit -- an Old West standard a hundred years ago. Impressive they still make them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel like my arab mare would either blossom into a total queen in that costume -- or hate me forever for making her suffer through it haha

    ReplyDelete