Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday favorites

The nicest blog related compliment I've ever received came from my friend, Fabian.  He told me that opening my blog and finding a new post is like unwrapping a gift.  No matter what's inside the box, it's always wonderful.

That's how I feel about Nichelle Jones' Desktop Stables.
Like me, Nichelle is a collector,
a tackmaker,
and a lover of all things 1:9 scale. 
I absolutely adore her miniature props.
These could have been made by me...
but this...  Oh, how I wish I was the one who'd thought this up! 
Of course, it's not all about the props. 
Nichelle's tack...
is just as impressive!
This blog has something for everyone, including numerous tutorials
downloadable printables,
and stunning photography...
no matter...
what the subject!
Of all the blogs I read--and I do read a lot of them!--Nichelle's is my very favorite.  If you haven't already done so, please check it out.  You won't be disappointed!

12 comments:

  1. I will certainly check this out :-) It looks wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about that clock horse! And oh that mini binder... the coveting! Nichelle's blog is definitely one of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mini NAN cards in the mini binder are my favorite. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at Nichelle's creations and thought, "Why haven't I made that?"

      :)

      Delete
  3. What a nice post, Jennifer!
    I've read Nichelle's blog almost as long as I've read yours. Desktop Stables is saved in my favorites right after Braymere Custom Saddlery and I check BOTH blogs for new postings every day!

    As with you, I love Nichelle's fearless-ness when it comes to trying new things and creating just about anything. (I've even tried some of her tutorials.)

    I've never disappointed with EITHER of my two favorite blogs! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always write the nicest comments, Evelyn. I probably shouldn't speak for Nichelle, but it's people like you that inspire us to keep blogging!

      :)

      Delete
  4. Another cool site. Love the miniature sandwich in the saddlebags she made. Love tiny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I want that sandwich and everything else she made to go inside her saddlebags!

      Delete
  5. I second everything you said!! Her blog is one of my favourites as well, I followed her mainly for the brilliant photography to start with, but the more I read the better it got!

    I thank you Nichelle, for the amazing blog! And I haven't forgotten the wee Classics Haflinger I won in your giveaway last year either, she still has a spot on my shelves :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seconded!
    Both blogs are the first I check on a daily basis for new posts and I'm never disappointed with what I find! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all SO much for your kind words. I've been trying to come up with some way to respond but I'm a bit blown away to be honest, hahaha. It's all very much appreciated. :)

    I'm happy that my blog is enjoyed so much as well... hearing that is very encouraging so yes... thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wholly smokes that stuff is amazing! I will have to start stalking her blog. Thanks for doing a post about it, Jennifer. I saw the banner about it in her signature on Blab but never looked further. Bad on me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love desktop stables also. Definitley one of my favorite blogs!

    ReplyDelete