Monday, June 2, 2014

Field research

Teresa and I drove out to the Colorado Horse Park in Parker, Colorado yesterday. 
The main purpose of our trip was to watch Teresa's friend and barn owner, Michael, compete in the CHP Horse Trials with his horse, Guinesss.
Happily, they were both in fine form...
and made short work of the cross country course. 
Naturally, we didn't leave as soon as their ride was over.  Instead, we stayed and watch the rest of the class. 
We studied the obstacles...
and the tack, making note of what was there...
and what wasn't. 
I probably know enough about the cross country phase of eventing to stand me in good stead for the rest of my life in regards to model horse performance showing.
Still, every time I go to an event, I see and learn something new.
Getting up close and personal with real competition horses is one of the single best ways to improve your performance entries.
Take a camera, take a friend and spend a day really paying attention to what's going on. 
There's no better way to learn.
Plus, it's a whole lot of fun! 
Thanks for hanging out with me again, Teresa.  Can't wait to do it again!

5 comments:

  1. The only thing better than watching cross country is to ride cross country! Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!! And agreed again, fabulous photo's Jennifer :)

      Delete
  2. No problem Jennifer! Really, tromping around the course is the best exercise ever as I actually *enjoy* it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, Jennifer! Looks like a lot of fun. I'm hoping to attend my first 3 day in a few months near San Diego.

    I have to ask, though, about the grey horse...does he have that black stuff under his eyes that football and baseball players often use? I wonder how well it works for horses...

    ReplyDelete