Friday, February 7, 2014

Never too early

There are very few opportunities to show performance in Colorado.  In fact, because I've judged the last couple shows, I haven't competed locally since the High Plains Live Model Horse Show in early 2012.

That's kind of sad.

Fortunately, there's a light at the end of the tunnel.  I will not be judging at Springamathing this year, and even though the show is still several months away, I've already started working on my entries.  In particular, I've been working on Lady Liberty's Western Pleasure set-up.
I have more Western Pleasure dolls than I will ever use, but Lady Liberty is a true Purdy horse.  She demanded something in pink.  
Happily for both us, I was able to acquire this lovely Joan Yount doll in trade. 
Love the details on her boots! 
I made a pad that matched her outfit... 
and now the set-up is almost complete.   I still need to finish the breastcollar, but other than that, this is ready to go.
I guess that means it's time to start working on her English entries.  Hmmmm.  I wonder if that's going to require another pink doll...

2 comments:

  1. Squeeee! She looks fabulous! I can't believe you whipped out that pad so quickly. You can add needlepoint whiz to the list of your many talents. I love stitchery but I struggle with anything that small (in fact, with your eyesight, I'm wondering how the heck YOU do it!).

    The pink boot tips on the doll are the perfect final touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes are perfectly adapted for close-up work--it's anything further than a foot away from my face that I struggle with!

    I really enjoy the cross stitch. It's so much less complicated than tack. I find it relaxing!

    Somewhere in my closet, I still have several tiny needlepoint belts that I made when I was living on the show circuit. I'll never be able to fit into them again, but they're too cool to throw away!

    ReplyDelete