Sunday, February 9, 2014

Stanley

In case you haven't noticed, I've been very goal oriented this year.  In the last month and a half I've made serious progress on my backlog, completing seven tack orders.  I've lined up a painter for two of my unfinished resins, started work on my entries for Springamathing and even lost eight pounds.  Go me!

Yesterday, I added yet another accomplishment to my 2014 list--I painted one of my own resins.  Here he is:
 Stanley is a traditional scale Maltese resin sculpted by Marilyn Jensen.
Stanley did not come with a base.  Although he looks okay with his feet on the ground...
I thought he'd look better bounding through the air.  I drilled a hole in his belly and made him a simple stand with an acrylic rod and a bit of epoxy.  I thought this was pretty clever until I Googled the resin and discovered that he was always supposed to go on a base.  Oh well, great minds think alike and all that!
I realize that he's not a horse, not big, and not a complicated color.  Still, I'm pleased with my efforts.  It really does feel good to accomplish things, no matter how big or small.
Plus, he's just so darn cute.  I suspect he'll be photo-bombing my studio pictures for years to come!

9 comments:

  1. Now I need a picture of him chasing butterflies through a meadow of grazing horses. <3
    So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I can totally see him chasing after the horses thinking he is much bigger than he actually is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I'm sure you have plans for him in a set-up, and will look forward to seeing what he'll be doing.

    Now I want to know how you lost eight pounds. Have you been x-country skiing? I have been *gasp* working out and while my muscles are definitely getting stronger, the spare tire isn't budging and I'm getting annoyed! (Trying to watch what I eat, too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ten pounds as of today!!!!

      Seth and James are the skiers in the family. I haven't been in years and years and don't really have much interest. Too cold!

      Mostly I've been eating less and eating healthier. So boring, but it works.

      Delete
  4. He looks really cute and happy. :)

    ReplyDelete