Nearly seven years ago, I ordered an Egyptian Dancing Horse costume from Melissa Sage.At the time, Ibn Sabeek was my only Arabian resin, so naturally I had her make it to fit him.
Rune joined my herd a couple years later, and I knew right away that I wanted him--not Ibn Sabeek--to be my Egyptian Dancing HorseUnfortunately, Rune's head is much bigger than Sabeek's. The costume bridle didn't even come close to fitting him.
Since I am a tackmaker, this shouldn't be an insurmountable problem. However, my horses are often treated like the proverbial shoemaker's barefoot children. Years passed, and Nutmeg was the only Braymere critter who got to wear the costume.
No more!I was feeling a bit stuck this weekend, and needed an easy project to get me back on track. I decided to tackle some of the older projects on my to do list, starting with the Egyptian Dancing Horse bridle.
I was able to reuse the original browband, although I did add a liner.
The bit is a jewelry finding that pre-dates the costume. So glad to see it in use!
Here's the full set both without...
and with the rider.In true "if you give a moose a donut" fashion, I still plan to add a few things to this set. However, for the most part, it's ready to go.
Rune will make his performance debut at Springamathing 2014. I can't wait!