Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Horse cookies

Today a group of us met at the barn for a festive holiday photo party.  I didn't want to arrive empty handed, so I decided to make a batch of homemade horse cookies.  

The ingredients for these cookies are simple--one and a half cup molasses, four cups oats, one apple, two large carrots and six candy canes.
I grated the carrots and apple and James pulverized the candy canes.   We put everything in a large mixing bowl...
and mixed it together....
until everything was coated in molasses.
Then we spread it out over a cookie sheet and baked it at 300 degrees for an hour. 
When it was done, I used a pizza cutter to cut it into squares. 
 Yum!
Rev approved.
So did Mystyc. 
Nom! Nom! Nom! 
Thanks to Shauna McDaniel for posting this recipe on Model Horse Blab.  The cookies were a hit with horses, humans and dogs alike.  I'll definitely make them again!

7 comments:

  1. These are awesome, I am totally making a batch tomorrow night to take to my riding lesson on Thursday! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also ride on Thursday, haha! Thanks for showing us the process of making these, as well as the lovely pictures of the ponies nommimg. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, did the humans EAT them or just admire them?? :) I probably would try one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think ALL the humans tried the horse cookies. I know I did. They weren't as tasty as real cookies, but they were fine to nibble on.

      Delete
  4. My son loved helping me make these. I forgot the ingredients and went back to the store just so I could make them :) Angel will thank you.

    ReplyDelete