Monday, December 2, 2013

The dog cycle

When I invited readers to suggest topics for future posts, I did not expect to field multiple requests for dog posts. 

It's not that I have anything against dog posts.  On the contrary, I suspect that I like them a little too much.  Unlike tackmaking tutorials or in depth performance articles, dog posts are fun and easy to write.  They are so fun and easy, in fact, I have to guard against making them my default.  Without constant vigilance, Braymere Custom Saddlery could easily morph into the Daily Darcy (+Emma), and I don't want that to happen.  As much as I love my dogs, I think it's best that this blog stays true to its horsey roots.

To that end, I have spent the last two days working on a post about one of the more substantive and equine related topic suggestions.  Unfortunately, it's not going well.  Everything about that post is fighting me, and at this point, I'm not sure it will ever be ready for publication.  I'm tired of wrestling with it, so I've decided to take the easy route.  Instead of Big Lick Tennessee Walking Horses, I'm going with the Daily Darcy

This is what happens when people encourage me to write about my dogs.

Anyway... 

The pictures in today's post were taken during the first month of my post accident convalescence.  During this time, I spent many hours sitting in the makeshift "invalid corner" of my living room.  It was a long month, but not a lonely one thanks in part to the constant presence of Darcy and Emma.  
During that time the girls were never far from my side.  I spent many long hours watching them cycle from one sleeping spot to another...
and one sleeping position to another!
They cycled from the couch...
to the floor...
and back again.
Up...
down...
all around!
Now that I am further along in my recovery, I'm no longer spending entire days in the living room with my dogs.  Instead, I'm struggling to regain my momentum in the studio and wrestling unsuccessfully with emotionally complex horse posts.  Hmmm...  Perhaps I should rethink that whole Daily Darcy blog conversion?

8 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading about your dogs and other non-horsey stuff, but it's the horse stuff I mostly visit for. I wouldn't, however, stop visiting is you posted more Daily Darcy (+Emma). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you,im here for Model Horses..Not that i dont like the dogs..Actully i want to be a Vet so i love dogs,but i also have 2 dogs and they do the exact same thing,so i get a little bored with this stuff....Hope i didnt hurt your feelings..but Of i did i didntean too..;)


      Rebekah

      Delete
  2. I did not mean to post 2 times...SORRY:)


    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok. I just delete duplicate comments.

      Delete
    2. Thank you!;)

      Rebekah

      Delete
  3. Hurray! Darcy cuteness! *squee*

    I can't get enough dog updates from you! Looking forward to new installments of Daily Darcy (+ Emma)! Maybe it could be like your Wordless Wednesdays? Daily Darcy (+ Emma) updates every so often? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing against dogs, but I am just not here to read about them. The occasional post is fine, they're really cute, but I love your horse topics. Model or real. I'm sure you'll be able to find your nitch again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dog Roxy does the same thing!
    ~AHG488

    ReplyDelete