Saturday, December 14, 2013

Secret Santa

The Model Horse Blab Secret Santa gift exchange is the biggest and most extravagant holiday celebration in the model horse hobby.  One hundred and sixty people participated in this year's event, and the gifts included everything from scented candles to traditional scale resins (!).

My presents arrived yesterday.  I briefly thought about saving them for Christmas, but who am I kidding?  As soon as I opened the box, I could smell the distinctive odor of fresh Krylon.  There was no way I was going to wait!
I delighted to find two pairs of warm, fluffy socks...
as well as a variety of chocolate treats.
The best gift, however, was this customized stablemate.
Flaxen chestnut with three white legs and a star/snip combination--that's my absolute favorite horse color!
Thank you so much, Amy James!  I love all my gifts.
Thanks, also, to Lindsay Diamond for coordinating this year's gift exchange.  I hope Santa will be extra nice to you this year!

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful goodies! Fuzzy socks seemed to be the theme this year. Quite a few people were getting them from the looks of the Thank You thread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what's funny? I also got my giftee these same socks from Target. Different colors, but otherwise exactly the SAME. :)

      Great minds think alike?

      Delete
  2. Awe, cool post, Jennifer!! Santa and his helpers from Blab have been pretty nice to me. I feel blessed to be part of a great group on Blab!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a wonderful secret santa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift! Beautiful pony!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest stablemate custom I have seen<3 makes me want to customize my little collection:D

    ReplyDelete