Monday, February 6, 2012

Slow beginnings

This week in the studio I am working on two harnesses.  So far I've dyed some leather, prepared several yards of lace, added tongues and rollers to a couple dozen buckles and cut and detailed the collar pieces.  I have at least fifteen hours worth of work invested in this project, but you wouldn't know from looking at my work desk...
Yep, those two little baggies are all I have to show for my efforts!  

The early stages of harness making are so slow.  Hopefully by this time tomorrow, I will actually have something that looks vaguely harness like.  That's not too much to ask, right?

2 comments:

  1. If you're motivated, it's definitely not too much to ask!! The slow work may be tedious, but it's that same small stuff that makes or breaks the finished product :D Keep your head up, Jen, it'll get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looking forward to seeing these come along. When I get organised I am going to order a heap of lace, buckles etc from Rio Rondo and make a harness for my Breyer Journeyman.

    ReplyDelete