Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Favorites

Today I am delighted to share the most outstanding group of model horse photos that I have ever seen.
Everything about these pictures is first rate--the sculptures, the finishwork, the setting, the photography...  It's nothing short of stunning!
The horses are Brigitte Eberl's Cobra mare resins.  They were brought to life by the Dutch artist, Josine Vingerling and are owned by Anne Hudson of Arizona.
 Anne writes: I was so excited that Josine agreed to paint them. I knew I wanted them to be various shades of grey, and I knew I wanted them to be painted by the same artist so they would look more like a family of mares. I had a feeling they would be special, but Josine made them beyond beautiful, and exceeded my expectations.
The photographs were taken by Josine, who is as talented behind the camera as she is with a paintbrush.  
To see more of Josine's work, be sure to visit her website.  She does accept occasional commissions, which are announced on her Yahoo! group.
Thanks to Anne and Josine for allowing me to share these amazing photos!

23 comments:

  1. Awesome....completely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEVER get tired of looking at those mares. Never. Or any of Josine's dapple greys. Just...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, at first I thought the first pic was of REAL horses. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O__________O

    Just...wow. Absolutely stunning, in every sense of the word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - I thought they were REAL!!! How amazingly gorgeous...*sighs* Just lovely!! Thanks for sharing, Jen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are, quite possibly, some of the most gorgeous models I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stunning, I have no words to describe them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A few years ago I saw a photo of a grey Indy Josine had painted, photographed by her on that beach and it became my favourite ever model photo. So beautiful. The owner is a very lucky lady!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. They remind me a bit of the four horsemen of the apocalyse. Performance entry anyone? :-)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. If you told me those were real horses, I would have believed you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think my heart just stopped. Not one, but FOUR absolutely smashingly beautiful GREY horses??!? On a BEACH, my favorite environment, no less?

    Somehow in my model horse world blog wanderings, I knew this group was being created. Or at least I knew there was such a thing as "Cobra mares" being done. (I have NO idea where I read it) These ladies are just truly incredible.

    Might I borrow these for my blog? I'd like to share the love, and show others just what I was talking about re: the realism of some model horses! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just a quick note to let everyone know that Josine is now selling a poster of the Cobra mares through her cafe press store. I bet that even if I hung it on the wall in my studio, most visitors would never guess that the horses in the picture are made of resin. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is INCREDIBLE. At first glance, I thought you were posting a heard of Camargue mares (wild grey horses native to the French marshes) as a reference photo. Took me a while to realize they were models.

    WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dom Nawrot posted some pictures she took of an Andie mare. The resemblance to the third mare is amazing. http://www.thumbsuphorsemanship.com/coroada.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lordy, that's a beautiful group of photos! Thanks so much for sharing that link!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Does anyone know how much one of these would cost? I would love to get one of these done of my mare!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Custom model horses can range in price from $50 or less all the way to seventeen thousand six hundred dollars. Factors that affect the price include the size and material of the base model as well as the skill and reputation of the involved artists (sculpting and painting). If you are interested in pursuing this furhter, I would recommend visiting Model Horse $ales Pages. This site lists both finished models for sale as well as blank bodies and artist services. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Incredible, absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete