Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bargain Barn--Jo's resins

This isn't the post I had intended to run today.

Then again nothing about today has gone according to plan.   Instead of spending the morning with Trillium in Watkins, I got to drive to the doctor's office and the ER and the pharmacy and...  Well, you get the idea!  Everyone is fine and all's well that ends well, but I am worn out and no longer feel like writing a serious piece about tack friendliness.

Fortunately, I have a back up plan.  Just this morning, reader Joanna Kindley sent a couple new entries to the Bargain Barn.  

First up is this lovely original finish Brave Hart resin.
Jo writes:  I just recently started to buy resins.  I have 3 to date plus several I am paying on, but won't see for several months.  Anyway, I answered an ad on MH$P for a resin for $25.00.  It said his name was Braveheart and when I looked it up, and based on the price, I was convinced he was the SM sized resin.  I also guessed he had a rough paint job and was pretty much a mess.  He arrived last night, and I was blown away.  he turned out to be Brave Hart by Sheryl Leisure, and he has a gorgeous chestnut paint job.  Can you believe I got such a stunning resin for $25.00?  I am on top of the world.
This little cutie is one of Jo's other resins.   Now I'm not an expert when it comes to minis, but something about this one looks kind of familiar...
Here's why:  Oh, one of the other resins I just bought, is called Mighty Mouse and he was made by Tiffany Purdy before she was a Purdy, I think.  Evidently it was only a run of 10.  I will send you a pic of him too.  I know you and Tiffany are buddies.  I just love him, he such a neat little guy!!!!  He is in the LB scale.
Thank you so much, Jo, for sharing your pretty resins with me.  I actually have a chestnut Brave Hart resin, but I did not get him for twenty five dollars.  And that little paint...  he's Purdy darn cute!

(Ha!  Sometimes I crack myself up!)

20 comments:

  1. Argh, that does sound like a stressful day! :o I hope everyone concerned is ok! :)

    Gorgeous chestnut too, talk about a good bargain! O_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fantastic deal - 25$.


    I'm sure we can wait for your tack friendly posting when things are back to normal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad everyone is okay! Your posting regularity is stunning, so don't feel bad if you ever do have to miss a post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard myself say to my kids more than once in reference to being careful, "I don't have time to go to the Emergency Room!" Of course, I was the one who needed 5 stitches for cutting myself on a can about a month ago! Glad everyone is okay. (Pixie/Jitterbug went out yesterday, let me know when you get them).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful chestnut and for just 25$! That's a bargain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. can you spell "Lucky"? I am REALLY lucky if I can find a good painted resin in a color and breed I like for anywhere close to $300.00 on any website! I am SO jealous I didn't get a chance to snatch such a gorgeous resin for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you had such a stressful day! Hope everything is ok now.

    Bargain! WOW, quite a bargain. Congrats Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am never lucky like this. In fact I'm still going to look at him every so often just to see if he is really still here in my house!!!! He has an appointment to become a gorgeous dappled grulla paint. So he will be leaving for his new cloths and repairs shortly. I'll send update pics when he comes home. I do so love my little Purdy paint too, but I am considering updating his paint job too. I haven't made up my mind on that for sure though. I'm so glad my Bargain helped you on your bad day!!
    I do hope your day got better Jennifer, I had my first trip to the ER for stitches (my son), but they glued him together instead!!! It was painless and he actually started laughing.
    JO K

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel awful! I missed the part about the ER the first time I read this! :( What happened?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Long story short--Ryan sprained his ankle. It was very swollen and painful so there was some concern that it was broken. The doctor sent us to the ER because the place that usually does the x-rays isn't open on weekends. Sigh. It was a long day, but fortunately, it ended well. The x-rays were negative and Ryan should be good as new within the week.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great bargain! I got a Walter resin for $25, I think by the same person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awwww...... well, I'm sorry that happened! glad he is okay though!! How are the dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  13. *hugs* You and I need to go to Dover soon... my spur strap is about to give up the ghost in a bad, bad way. And I need to do some trying on for sizing/pricing/etc.

    Oh, and there is a criminally cute little grey pony that you soooo need to see at the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Braveheart (?) is STUNNING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quite a deal on the Brave Heart. I remember seeing a few at Breyerfest some years ago, but they were priced higher than that.

    ~Mara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome models Jo! I just love when you find such a resin for a cheap price!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome models Jo! I just love when you find such a resin for a cheap price!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That Braveheart is gorgeous! I should get one.

    ~Emily Dunnan

    ReplyDelete