|(sometime old simply means "finished"!)|
And in with the... really, really old?I made this classic scale pony saddle in 2007. Unlike most of my work, this was never intended to see the inside of a show ring. Instead, this was a rare experimental piece, made solely to trying out several new ideas. Some of those ideas worked. Others didn't. Once the saddle was finished, I put it on a North Light pony and let it gather dust in the basement.
A few days ago, I went looking for that little saddle. I remembered that it had an elastic girth so I knew it would be perfect for the saddle rats. Also, it occurred to me that it might be just the right size for the new Breyer pony. This would be a real time saver because it's much easier to adapt an old pattern than it is to start from scratch.
So today has been all about playing with paper. I always enjoy this stage, and it's nice to work on saddles again after three weeks of harness. Hopefully, I'll have a beautiful little saddle to share by the end of the week!