Saturday, September 3, 2016

Dee's TJS donation

I have a confession to make: I really wanted Dee Crawley to donate one of her traditional Bedouin style presentation sets to the Jennifer Show.
She had other ideas." How about a horse jewelry presentation set?" she asked. "I've collected all kinds of goodies to make them with, and I haven't had a chance to use everything that I have. It would be fun to make something like that for your show."

I'm not really a jewelry girl and a jewelry presentation set sounded a little "foo foo" for my tastes. However, I'm a big believer in letting artists follow their muses, so I told Dee that would be great.

Dee's jewelry set arrived yesterday.
It is gorgeous
The halter is simple, elegant and beautifully made...
but the collar is out of this world.
Everything is so detailed and delightfully in scale. I especially love the squares with the little horse figures!
The accent blanket is wonderful, too. Honestly, I just love this set! 
I am so glad I didn't let my own ideas get in the way of Dee's vision. This is a much more exciting donation than the one I had in mind, and I'm sure the person who wins this will love it as much as I do. Thank you so much, Dee!

3 comments:

  1. I don't collect tack or show performance, but I have been super amazed by the craftsmanship of all our donations. This one however, makes me really sad I'm the cohost and can't take it home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big distractions going on and I didn't see this until now. Wonderful pictures! Looks lovely on your horse. And you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete