Friday, September 9, 2016

Out of sorts and sorting

When Jenn and I decided to hold our ultimate live show in fall 2016, I had no idea I would spend most of the preceding summer flying back and forth to California and grieving. 
Similarly, I failed to predict that two weeks before the show I would catch a severe cold that makes even simple tasks seem overwhelming. In a perfect world, I would have spent most of the last few days in bed. But the show must go on, so I've been (slowly)  plugging away at my to do list. 

As of today, the girths for the Champion saddles are finished...
and I have sorted all the donations into one of four groups. These are the individual performance class prizes--all fifty four of them. They are bagged, tagged and ready to go.
Next up is the Performance Division and Overall Champion and Reserve Champion prize box. I wasn't sure we would have enough things to give prizes to the reserve champions, but it turns out we have plenty. Hurray!
The third box is filled with prizes for the Jennifer Show Model Dogspotting Challenge. I have no idea how many people will participate in this event, but I'm guessing I might need to make a few more collars.
Last but not least, there's this pile. Most of these things are slated to be door prizes or raffle prizes. There some really good stuff here. I will post photos in the next day or two, but trust me, even if you can't attend the Jennifer Show in person, you might want to find someone to buy you raffle tickets!
The Jennifer Show is a week and half a day away. There's still so much to do, but we're getting there. Slowly but surely, we're getting there.

3 comments:

  1. best wishes for a speedy recovery! wish I could attend, the show (and prizes) sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get better!

    I wish I could go to the Jennifer Show! It sounds amazing, and like one of the best shows ever! I hope you have fun hosting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not even in the model horse hobby and I want some raffle tickets xD

    Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete